Artisan Afghan Crochet Challenge
Build knowledge & skills with a fantastic project!
What is your crochet skill level?
We’ll give you a hint; it’s not based on the number of projects you’ve completed, or how long you’ve been crocheting.
The Artisan Afghan was specifically designed to help crocheters build their knowledge and skills, all while giving them a great project!
This afghan is worked in 12 parts:
- 10 different stitch patterns worked in long blocks
- Joining each long block together
- Border round, with contrasting edging
Looking for a stash-buster? Want to create an afghan thats totally portable? This challenge is for you!
Meet Your Instructor
I learned to crochet at the age of 5 and haven't put my hook down since! I've published over 300 patterns, authored 7 crochet books (so far...), taught 2 courses with Craftsy, and launched the American Crochet Association. I currently live in Oregon with my husband, son, 2 cats and 1 dog.
- 2009-present: Salena Baca Crochet
- 2012-2016: Design Wars, Founder
- 2014-2017: Happily Hooked Magazine; Content Coordinator, Director of Relations
- 2014-2016: The Pattern Pack; Founder & Editor
- 2015: Author
- 2015-present: American Crochet Association; Founder & Lead Educator
- 2016, 2018: Craftsy Instructor
- 2018-2020: Yarnpreneur Academy; CEO / Lead Yarn Lover
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you're new to crochet, or just looking for something to keep your interest, this crochet along challenge will help you to have a further understanding of:
- Gauge, swatching and sizing essentials
- Color choice and placement
- 10 exciting stitch patterns, plus a few specialty stitches
- Joining technique, when all blocks are complete
- Border application, and finishing techniques