Assess & Build Crochet Skills
Learn how to crochet more, better, faster, & with less mistakes!
"I finished the course and even though I knew how to crochet before the course I learned technical things I did not know. I was a self learner. Loved the course!"
What is your crochet skill level?
We'll give you a hint - it's not based on the number of projects you've completed or how long you've been crocheting!
How many crochet levels are there?
There are only 4 universal levels in the crochet world - that's it. Each level is categorized by specific crochet actions and application.
What's the difference between my skill level, and a pattern level?
Crochet patterns are assigned a skill (difficulty) level based on the crochet actions and applications you'll be asked to execute.
Understanding how to read these within a crochet pattern, and assessing your own skill, will help you to accomplish many more crochet designs than you might think you're capable of...
"Finished this week and printed today! It was a great Course overall."
- Amanda W., Amanda's Cute Crochet
Meet Your Instructor
I learned to crochet at the age of 5 and haven't put my hook down since! I've published over 300 patterns, authored 7 crochet books, taught 2 courses with Craftsy, and launched the American Crochet Association. I currently live in Oregon with my husband, son, 2 cats and 1 dog.
- 2009-present: Salena Baca Crochet
- 2012-2016: Design Wars, Founder
- 2014-2017: Happily Hooked Magazine, Content Coordinator, Director of Relations
- 2014-2016: The Pattern Pack, Founder & Editor
- 2015: Author
- 2015-present: American Crochet Association, Founder & Lead Educator
- 2016, 2018: Craftsy Instructor
- 2018-2020: Yarnpreneur Academy, CEO / Lead Yarn Lover
"I enjoyed the work shop learned a few things and now I need to work and practice to become and experienced crocheter."
- Ruth A.