Learning Path #2: Crochet Swatches
From gauge and size, to function and feel, swatches are tools!
What is a swatch, and why does it matter?
In crochet, a swatch is just a sample of work. Swatching is most often used as a method to meet gauge, but there are many more reasons swatching will come in handy when you crochet.
In this course, you'll receive the following 4 lessons:
- Swatching for Gauge: What is means, tips to swatch like a pro
- Swatching for Function: Determining the characteristics of your yarn, and fabric
- Swatching to Practice: Tension, Repetition, Techniques
- Swatching for Color Options & Placement: Choosing the right colors, placement & order for any project
Meet Your Instructor
I learned to crochet at the age of 5 and haven't put my hook down since! I've published over 400 patterns, authored 8 crochet books (so far...), taught 2 courses with Craftsy, and launched the American Crochet Association. I currently live in Oregon with my husband, son, 2 cats and 1 dog.
- 2009-present: Salena Baca Crochet
- 2012-2016: Design Wars, Founder
- 2014-2017: Happily Hooked Magazine; Content Coordinator, Director of Relations
- 2014-2016: The Pattern Pack; Founder & Editor
- 2015: Author
- 2015-present: American Crochet Association; Founder & Lead Educator
- 2016, 2018: Craftsy Instructor
- 2018-2020: Yarnpreneur Academy; CEO / Lead Yarn Lover