Are you interested in writing and selling crochet patterns, but need help because....
- You're not sure if the designs you create are unique and original
- You're struggling to sell the patterns you write
- You think that you have to publish new patterns every week (month...) to be relevant
- You believe that free patterns will lead to more sales
- You're not sure where and how to find people who love your work, and will pay for it
- You're not sure if you should have an email list, YouTube channel, blog, website, Instagram, Facebook page and group to be successful
This course will guide you through all these questions, and more!
What is success?
- Learning how to build a community that will know, like and trust you and your work
- Understanding how to solve problems for crocheters, and create patterns they want and love
- Creating an effective schedule that allows you to sell every week (without getting overwhelmed, or feeling salesy)
- Releasing patterns when you're ready
Meet Your Instructor
I learned to crochet at the age of 5 and haven't put my hook down since! I've published over 300 patterns, authored 7 crochet books (so far...), taught 2 courses with Craftsy, and launched the American Crochet Association. I currently live in Oregon with my husband, son, 2 cats and 1 dog.
- 2009-present: Salena Baca Crochet
- 2012-2016: Design Wars, Founder
- 2014-2017: Happily Hooked Magazine; Content Coordinator, Director of Relations
- 2014-2016: The Pattern Pack; Founder & Editor
- 2015: Author
- 2015-present: American Crochet Association; Founder & Lead Educator
- 2016, 2018: Craftsy Instructor
- 2018-2020: Yarnpreneur Academy; CEO / Lead Yarn Lover
True or false: If you sell crochet patterns, you should also:
- Start a YouTube channel
- Offer free patterns
- Start a blog
- Grow an email list
- Start an Instagram (snapchat, TikTok...)
- Release new patterns every... day, week, month...
In fact, most of these things may actually hinder a long-term business model, limiting your creativity, effectiveness, and long term success.
Trying to build an omni-presence before you understand your business model, how you'll solve problems, who your community is, and how you'll build and deliver your content, is a sure way to burn out before you even get started.
There is a better way: Pattern Launch Formula!
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
Don't waste any more time wondering if you, and crochet your work, is good enough.
There are simple strategies you can implement right now to help you become a confident, successful pattern writer in the crochet world!