"I love ACA. Your teaching methods are awesome and I’m learning more than I ever thought I would."
- Jessica F., ACA Crochet Instructor Training Student
Learn to TEACH crochet!
Just knowing how to crochet will not make you a great teacher. In fact, even the greatest crocheters can have trouble teaching.
That's why I created a different approach to crochet instruction that includes teaching objectives, lesson outlines, homework, patterns, action steps, and more!
And no, it doesn't include large groups or granny squares.
When you learn my approach to crochet education, you'll build a community of crocheters who will know, like, and trust you! Let's pass crochet through the generations in better hands than we found it, together.
In this course we'll cover:
- Private Crochet Instruction
- Lessons vs Workshops
- Lesson Foundations
- Becoming a Coach
- Skill Assessments
- Student Tool Kit
- Teaching Environments
- Payment structures, left-handed students, slow learners, children, first projects
- Client Journey
- Marketing Efforts
- Promotions; keeping students coming back, finding new students
- Building a Community
- Continuing Education & Support
- Templates & Forms
- Guidelines & Responsibilities
- Lesson Overview & Courses Syllabus
- Individual Lesson Plan & Agreement
- New Student Checklist
- Teaching objectives, lesson outlines, homework, patterns, action steps and more for the Beginner, Easy & Intermediate levels of crochet!
Meet Your Instructor
I learned to crochet at the age of 5 and haven't put my hook down since! I've published over 400 patterns, authored 8 crochet books (so far...), taught 2 courses with Craftsy, and launched the American Crochet Association. I currently live in Oregon with my husband, son, 2 cats and 1 dog.
- 2009-present: Salena Baca Crochet
- 2012-2016: Design Wars, Founder
- 2014-2017: Happily Hooked Magazine; Content Coordinator, Director of Relations
- 2014-2016: The Pattern Pack; Founder & Editor
- 2015: Author
- 2015-present: American Crochet Association; Founder & Lead Educator
- 2016, 2018: Craftsy Instructor
- 2018-2020: Yarnpreneur Academy; CEO / Lead Yarn Lover
Here's what you'll get
Don't want to bundle or save? Here's what you'll pay separately: $129
StartWhat materials are needed to teach crochet?
StartHow many people should I teach at a time?
StartHow long should each beginner crochet lesson be?
StartWhat if my student already knows a little crochet?
StartWhat if my student is left handed?
StartHow can I keep students coming back for all lessons?
StartWhere should I give crochet lessons?
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
Looking for less?
Start with the Crochet Lesson Tool Kit!
You'll receive just the stitch and project patterns from the Crochet Instructor Training program without all the lectures, tips, tricks, checklists, and coaching elements.
You can join this training program later if you need more, but you can also just start with the basics.
CLICK HERE to learn more: $14 Crochet Lesson Tool Kit