Learning Path #1: Yarn
Weights, types, colors, label reading, substitution and care!
How much is there to know about yarn?
A lot! Yarn is fundamental to crochet, so having a broad understanding of its most basic characteristics is a key factor in your journey to crocheting with confidence and skill.
In this course, you'll receive the following 4 lessons:
- Yarn Weight, fiber & color: Everything you need to know about yarn to make the most of it!
- How to read a yarn label: What you need to know, and what to do with that information.
- Successful yarn substitution: Why you can't just choose yarn based on the size or weight.
- Caring for yarn and finished projects: More than just washing instructions, to help extend the life of your yarn and projects!
- Earn a certificate when you complete all lessons!
Meet Your Instructor
I learned to crochet at the age of 5 and haven't put my hook down since! I've published over 400 patterns, authored 8 crochet books (so far...), taught 2 courses with Craftsy, and launched the American Crochet Association. I currently live in Oregon with my husband, son, 2 cats and 1 dog.
- 2009-present: Salena Baca Crochet
- 2012-2016: Design Wars, Founder
- 2014-2017: Happily Hooked Magazine; Content Coordinator, Director of Relations
- 2014-2016: The Pattern Pack; Founder & Editor
- 2015: Author
- 2015-present: American Crochet Association; Founder & Lead Educator
- 2016, 2018: Craftsy Instructor
- 2018-2020: Yarnpreneur Academy; CEO / Lead Yarn Lover