Learning Path #3: Crochet Pattern Reading
From beginner to expert, you’ll be reading instructions and charts!
This comprehensive course will help you to read and follow written crochet pattern and stitch charts!
Crochet patterns typically follow a standard format to make them easy to read, evaluate, and complete. Understanding that format will be your key to success!
This course will offer the following 4 lessons:
- Skill & Experience Level: Decoding the levels
- Pattern Assessment: Before You Follow A Patterns
- Pattern Reading: Decoding the instructions
- Diagram Reading: Reading and following stitch diagrams
Meet Your Instructor
I learned to crochet at the age of 5 and haven't put my hook down since! I've published over 400 patterns, authored 8 crochet books (so far...), taught 2 courses with Craftsy, and launched the American Crochet Association. I currently live in Oregon with my husband, son, 2 cats and 1 dog.
- 2009-present: Salena Baca Crochet
- 2012-2016: Design Wars, Founder
- 2014-2017: Happily Hooked Magazine; Content Coordinator, Director of Relations
- 2014-2016: The Pattern Pack; Founder & Editor
- 2015: Author
- 2015-present: American Crochet Association; Founder & Lead Educator
- 2016, 2018: Craftsy Instructor
- 2018-2020: Yarnpreneur Academy; CEO / Lead Yarn Lover